Install Talend Data Stewardship with its default configuration using RPM.
Before you begin
- Import the PGP key to validate the signature of the installation files. See Importing the PGP key.
- Talend Data Stewardship requires Java 11. You can use either Oracle Java or OpenJDK.
- Make sure that the JAVA_HOME variable is correctly set to the Java home
directory. For example: /usr/java/jdk11.0.13-amd64.Tip: You can set it in the /root/.bashrc file by adding the following line to it: export JAVA_HOME=$(dirname $(dirname $(readlink -e /usr/bin/java))).
- Make sure that Tomcat is already installed. You can either install the talend-tomcat RPM or use your own installation of Tomcat. In the latter case, make sure that the Tomcat path is correctly set in your environment variables, as explained in Talend Data Stewardship RPM configuration parameters (deprecated).
About this task
The default installation also installs the following dependencies:
In case of custom installation, these dependencies must be installed beforehand.
Create a file called talend.repo in the
/etc/yum.repos.d directory, containing the following
[talend-8.0.1] name=Talend 8.0.1 baseurl='https://<user>:<password>@www.opensourceetl.net/rpms/talend/8.0.1/base/x86_64/' enabled=1 gpgcheck=1 gpgkey=http://www.opensourceetl.net/rpms/GPG-KEY-talend
Credentials (user and password) are provided in the license email sent by Talend.
Your repository is now ready for use.
Install Talend Data Stewardship.
The package is now installed. You can start the service and use it.
- To install the package with its default configuration, use the following
sudo -E yum install talend-tds-hybrid
This command does not require any additional parameter. It installs the package and its dependencies with their default configuration in the default /opt/talend directory.
- If the default parameters do not match your requirements (custom Tomcat
installation, different installation directory, and so on), install the
package with custom parameters using the RPM command.
For example, the following command installs the module in a specific directory:
sudo -E rpm -i --prefix=<InstallPath> https://<user>:<password>@www.opensourceetl.net/rpms/talend/8.0.1/base/x86_64/talend-tds-hybrid-8.0.1-202211231200.x86_64.rpm
The list of configuration parameters is detailed in Talend Data Stewardship RPM configuration parameters (deprecated).Note: When installing the package with custom parameters, the dependencies listed above are not installed. You need to install them beforehand. Also, make sure that the path to Tomcat is correct.
- To install the package with its default configuration, use the following command: