Cloud API Services Platform
Cloud Big Data
Cloud Big Data Platform
Cloud Data Fabric
Cloud Data Integration
Cloud Data Management Platform
Upgrade your Talend Remote Engine to retrieve the latest features.
Before you begin
If you are using Routes and services running on Talend Runtime, make sure you are using the latest version of Talend Runtime. If you are not, you should upgrade Talend Runtime before upgrading Talend Remote Engine. For more information, see Upgrading Talend Runtime.
When upgrading to a new version of Talend Remote Engine, you can pair the new version of the engine with your account, replacing the previous one in the app. This enables Talend Cloud Management Console to retain the execution runtime settings for all tasks set to execute with the Remote Engine as you are installing the new version.
About this task
- If data service and Route tasks are running on your current Talend Remote Engine, list them to make it easier to redeploy them after the upgrade.
- Confirm that there are no Jobs running on your current Talend Remote Engine.
Stop the current Talend Remote Engine service and application.
Any process still running on the Talend Remote Engine at this point is automatically terminated.
Step into the <RemoteEngineInstallationDirectory>
directory and uninstall the application by running
Ensure that none of the Remote Engine files are open when starting the process.
- Make sure that the <RemoteEngineInstallationDirectory> directory and its contents have been completely removed from your drive.
- Open Talend Cloud Management Console.
- Open the Engines page.
- From the top menu, select the environment of the engine to be paired.
- Open the Remote Engine you want to upgrade.
- Click INFO.
Confirm the unpairing in the pop-up window.
ExampleA new Remote Engine key is generated that you can copy from the INFO tab of the engine.
- After closing the Engine details panel, click the icon to download the latest version of Talend Remote Engine.
Run the installer as Administrator.
During the installation procedure, provide the generated key.
- Redeploy all the data service and Route tasks that were previously running to the new Talend Remote Engine.
The latest version of Talend Remote Engine is installed on your computer and paired with your Talend Cloud account.