Cloud API Services Platform
Cloud Big Data
Cloud Big Data Platform
Cloud Data Fabric
Cloud Data Integration
Cloud Data Management Platform
Follow this procedure to upgrade your Talend Remote Engine if you are not using data services and Routes, or if you are using them with an older version of Talend Remote Engine.
Before you begin
- If you are using data services and Routes running on Talend Runtime, make sure you are using the latest version of Talend Runtime. If you are not, you should upgrade Talend Runtime before upgrading Talend Remote Engine. For more information, see Manual migration of a full Talend Runtime installation.
- If you need to upgrade Remote Engine v2.11.8 onwards for data service Job or Route tasks, see Upgrading Remote Engine v2.11.8 onwards for data service Job or Route tasks to complete the upgrade without the need to undeploy or redeploy any data service Job or Route tasks currently running on the engine.
About this task
- If data service and Route tasks are running on your current Talend Remote Engine, list them to make it easier to redeploy them after the upgrade.
- Confirm that there are no Jobs running on your current Talend Remote Engine.
Stop the current Talend Remote Engine service and application.
Any process still running on the Talend Remote Engine at this point is automatically terminated.
Step into the <RemoteEngineInstallationDirectory>
directory and uninstall the application by running
Ensure that none of the Remote Engine files are open when starting the process.
- Make sure that the <RemoteEngineInstallationDirectory> directory and its contents have been completely removed from your drive.
- Open Talend Management Console.
- Open the Processing page then click the Engines tab.
Select the environment of the engine from the Environment
You can also use the search box and the filter options to filter the list.
- On the engine list, click the Remote Engine you want to upgrade. Its Engine details panel is displayed.
Click Manage and Reset key.
A wizard is displayed to start the resetting process of pairing key for this Remote Engine.
Click Reset key to confirm the resetting.
A new Remote Engine key is generated that you can copy from the Pairing key field.
- The new key is displayed in the Manage tab of the Engine details blade. If you have not downloaded the new engine version, click the Download link in this tab to open the Downloads page and then download the latest version of the Talend Remote Engine installer.
Run the installer as root user as explained in Installing the Remote Engine
During the installation procedure, provide the generated key.
- Redeploy all the data service and Route tasks that were previously running to the new Talend Remote Engine.