Cloud API Services Platform
Cloud Big Data
Cloud Big Data Platform
Cloud Data Fabric
Cloud Data Integration
Cloud Data Management Platform
About this task
Before applying the patch on a Talend Studio production branch, Talend recommends to first create and use a test branch for the patch testing.
In the following steps:
- Studio_1 refers to the current Talend Studio instance used for production.
- Studio_2 refers to the Talend Studio instance used for testing the patch.
- Open your current Talend Studio instance and select the project you want to test the patch on.
- Create a new branch named patch_testing (or any other name) based on the production branch. For more information on the creation of branch with Talend Studio, see Creating a new branch based on a selected source. You can also create a branch without Talend Studio using Git.
- Install another Talend Studio instance (Studio_2) to test the patch.
- Apply the patch in the Studio_2 instance manually and launch it. For more information, see Applying a patch.
Select the project in the patch_testing branch.
Warning: If the project has reference projects, you need to log into the main project with the first Talend Studio instance (Studio_1) to change the project reference to your test branch (in this example, patch_testing) to make sure all the projects you test are on the patch_testing branch. Then, use the Studio_2 to migrate the reference projects before the main project.
- A warning window appears, click OK to migrate the project to the new patch version.
You applied the patch to Studio_2 and migrated your projects in the patch_testing branch. You can now test the patch.
If the test is successful, you can apply the patch to the Talend Studio instance used for production (Studio_1) and migrate other production branches.
If the test is not successful, contact Talend Support.