Cloud API Services Platform
Cloud Big Data
Cloud Big Data Platform
Cloud Data Fabric
Cloud Data Integration
Cloud Data Management Platform
After installing Talend Studio, you can configure how to update it in different ways.
- To update a single instance of Talend Studio, download and apply the update directly within Talend Studio by setting up an update URL.
- To test an update before applying it, for example in large projects and for projects in production, follow the best practices and test the update by using a proxy server. You can then apply the update to several Talend Studio instances at once.
- If you are using Talend CommandLine, you can update it either by setting up an update URL or by manually adding the update file under the installation folder.
If you have installed the 8.0 R2022-07 Studio monthly update or a later one provided by Talend, you can delete the .m2 folder under <Talend-Studio>\configuration\ after applying a Talend Studio monthly update. You must exit Talend Studio before deleting the .m2 folder. This helps save disk space and reduce noise triggered by security tools scanning for vulnerabilities in libraries.
If you have installed the 8.0 R2022-09 Studio monthly update or a later one provided by Talend, you can configure Talend Studio to automatically clean up obsolete libraries upon update installation by:
- setting the
truein the corresponding .ini file under the Talend Studio installation directory according to your operating system, or
- selecting the Clean up libraries check box in the , or view
- selecting the Clean up libraries check box in the update installation wizard.
- After deleting the .m2 folder and cleaning up obsolete libraries, you may need to redownload all the previously installed external modules. When building or running a Job or Route for which a required external module is missing, Talend Studio automatically downloads it if you have installed and configured an artifact repository for Talend Studio and if the external module is available in the artifact repository. Otherwise, Talend Studio notifies you about required external modules. For more information, see Installing and configuring an artifact repository for Studio and Installing external modules.
- If the
-Dtalend.studio.m2.cleanparameter is added in the .ini file, the Clean up libraries check box in Talend Studio is grayed out.
- The status of the two Clean up libraries check boxes in the view and the update installation wizard always keeps the same. Selecting or clearing the check box in one place, the check box in another place is also selected or cleared.
- The Clean up libraries check box is available only after you
install the 8.0 R2022-09 Studio monthly update. To automatically clean up obsolete
libraries upon installing the 8.0 R2022-09 Studio monthly update itself, add the
-Dtalend.studio.m2.cleanparameter in the .ini file and restart Talend Studio before installing the update.
For technical reasons, you cannot uninstall an update. Talend recommends you to follow the best practices described below to test an update first before applying the update to production. These instructions should be read as general guidance.