When you have created your Job or pipeline tasks, schedule your operations using plans.
Before you begin
- You must run a task at least once before you add it to a plan.
- You must have Author permission to create plans.
- You must have Execute permission to run plans.
- Open the Management page.
- Go to the Plans tab.
- Select the environment and the workspace using the faceted search at the top of the page.
- Click Add plan.
- Specify the workspace in which to create the plan.
- Enter the name of the plan. You can also add a description to your plan.
- Click Continue.
Select the tasks and click Save.
You are redirected to the plan steps.
To add a trigger type, go to the plan details page:
- Click the icon next to Trigger.
Click the Add trigger icon.
You can add one or more triggers or you can manually start the plan without a trigger.
Enter the name of the trigger.
The name must contain only alphanumeric, -, # and _ characters. Spaces and other special characters are not allowed.
- Select the trigger type from the Trigger type drop-down list and configure the settings.
Click Save and close.
For more information, see Scheduling plans.
- If you want to add steps or modify the existing one, click the icon next to Plan steps.
- To rename the step, hover over the name and click .
To add a step:
- Between two steps, click .
- At the end of the plan, click Add step in the top-right corner.
Select one or more tasks from the list and click Add. The
tasks are added to the step.
Tip: You can move and copy steps and tasks.
For more information, see Actions and shortcuts in the plan edit view.
When your step contains two or more tasks, define the condition for the plan to
- Click .
Select one of the conditions:
- All tasks succeed (selected by default)
- At least one task succeeds
- Click Apply.
Add a backup step in case the step fails:
Tip: You can move and copy backup steps and handlers.
- In the step, click .
- Select one or more handlers from the list. Handlers can be tasks and plans.
The handlers run in parallel.
For more information, see Actions and shortcuts in the plan edit view.After you clicked Save, you are redirected to the plan details. You can see the steps and backup steps sorted by alphabetical order.
To run more than one plan instance at the same time:
This feature is not available for plans containing pipelines.
- In the plan details page, click the icon next to Trigger.
- Select Allow parallel run of this plan.
- Click Save and close.