After publishing a new version of an artifact, tasks containing that artifact have to be updated.
You must have Author permission on the task's workspace, and at least one permission type on the artifact's workspace.
Before you begin
About this task
After publishing a new version of the artifact, you may need to manually update the tasks that use it with the new version if the Always use the latest available artifact version option is not enabled or if any issue caused the automatic update to fail.
You can update:
- a particular task from the Task details page.
- a task used in a plan from the Plan steps box in the Plan details page.
- multiple tasks directly from the Tasks tab with the appropriate workspace selected from the Workspace list at the top of the page.
- Open the Management page.
Go to the Tasks tab.
You can use the faceted search at the top of the page to filter the list for example by selecting the environment, the workspace and the task type.
- Click the More actions icon next to the task you want to update then select Update.
- Confirm the task update in the popup window by clicking Update.
- If the new artifact version contains mandatory parameters that are not set, edit the task's configuration or execution settings.
The task is updated and the next scheduled or manual execution will run with the new artifact version.