Configure and start using Talend Remote Engine using CloudFormation.
Before you begin
- You have created a Remote Engine in Talend Cloud Management Console and are ready to pair it.
- You have set up a VPC in your AWS account with a subnet that allows port 22 for SSH. For more details about VPCs, refer to the Amazon documentation.
- You have an EC2 key pair set up in your AWS account. Create a new key pair if you do not have one that is ready to be used. For more information about how to create your key pair, see the Amazon documentation.
- From the Talend Cloud Remote Engine for AWS product detail, select Continue to Subscribe.
- If this is the first time you use it, review and accept the Terms to be able to proceed with the next steps. The subscription process can take up to a few minutes.
- Click Continue to Configuration.
Choose a Fulfillment Option. In this
case: CloudFormation Template.
The other configuration fields of this page are pre-filled and offer a single choice. You can however select the Region you want.
Click Continue to Launch.
A new page opens, offering different options to configure and launch the Remote Engine. The Copy to Service Catalog option only adds the product to the AWS Service Catalog.
Choose Launch CloudFormation then click
CloudFormation opens and displays a configuration wizard.
- The first step of the wizard is pre-filled with the template configuration. Click Next to configure the stack details.
- Specify a Stack name.
Select an Instance Type (recommended: t2.medium) and an
existing Key Name that corresponds to an EC2 key pair set
up on your AWS account.
Select a VPC and a Subnet that is
part of the selected VPC.
The selected subnet must allow port 22 for SSH.
Specify the Talend Remote Engine pairing key (Preauthorized key) and
- You can retrieve the pairing key from the Engine Details tab of the Remote Engine
created in Talend Cloud Management Console.
- The Account location depends on the region of your Talend Cloud account. It is reflected in your Talend Cloud URL. For example, if your URL is https://us.cloud.talend.com, select the corresponding US value.
- You can retrieve the pairing key from the Engine Details tab of the Remote Engine created in Talend Cloud Management Console.
- Click Next to configure the optional stack options.
- Click Next and check that the configuration details are correct.
The Remote Engine is paired and started.