The Remote Engine Gen2 is used with pipelines and datasets.
When designing a pipeline in Talend Cloud Pipeline Designer:
- the engine that was used to create the source dataset is also used to:
- preview a sample of your data at every step of the pipeline.
- add or configure processors.
- configure the source dataset.
- the engine that was used to create the destination dataset is also used to configure the destination dataset.
When executing a pipeline in Talend Cloud Pipeline Designer, the engine that is used is the one associated with the run profile you have selected.
Note: Remote Engine Gen2 does not support working with proxy servers.