It is recommended to install the non-mandatory Talend Component Kit IntelliJ plugin before creating your connectors and processors.
The plugin allows you to ease the creation of your project and configuration of your connector or processor.
Before you begin
- Read the Talend Component Kit Getting Started section to learn more about the framework and the type of component (source or destination connectors, processors, etc.) you want to create.
- Make sure all system prerequisites are met.
- Download and install IntelliJ.
- In the IntelliJ IDEA, go to .
- On the left panel, select Plugins.
- Click the Marketplace tab.
- Enter Talend in the search field and select Talend Component Kit.
- Click Install.
Click Restart IDE to complete the installation.
The plugin is now installed in your InteliJ IDEA and you can start using it.
- Go to .
In the New Project wizard, select Talend
Component and click Next.
The Talend Starter Kit tool is loaded and allows you to configure your project structure.
- Once your project is configured, click Next, then Finish.
The project is automatically imported into the IDEA using the build tool that you have chosen.