If you are upgrading to a new version of Talend Remote Engine, you can pair the new version of the engine with your account, replacing the previous one in the app. This enables Talend Cloud Management Console to retain the execution runtime settings for all tasks set to execute with the Remote Engine as you are installing the new version.
About this task
- Stop the existing Remote Engine service and application.
Step into the <RemoteEngineInstallationDirectory> folder and uninstall
it by running
Ensure that none of the Remote Engine files are open when starting the process.
- Make sure that the <RemoteEngineInstallationDirectory> and its contents have been completely removed from your drive.
- Open Talend Cloud Management Console.
- Go to the Engines page.
- Select the correct environment from the top menu.
- Open the Remote Engine you want to upgrade.
- Click INFO.
Confirm the unpairing in the pop-up window.
ExampleA new Remote Engine key is generated that you can copy from the INFO tab of the engine.
- After closing the Engine details panel, click the icon to download the latest version of Talend Remote Engine.
Run the installer as Administrator.
During the installation procedure, provide the generated key.
The latest version of Remote Engine is installed on your computer and paired with your Talend Cloud account.