Before you begin
You have selected the Profiling perspective in Talend Studio.
from the menu bar.The Show View dialog box is displayed.
Do one of the following:
- expand the Profiling folder and then select Synonym Index, or,
- start typing synonym index in the dynamic filter field, the list will display the name of the editor you are looking for.
Select Synonym Index and then click Open to close the dialog box.
The Synonym Index editor is displayed.
Click the browse... tab and browse to the index files in the Talend Studio root directory, or to those generated by the tSynonymOutput component.
Note: If you are using Talend Studio 7.3 with the shared mode enabled, the path to the addons folder has changed to C:/Users/user-account/studio-path/addons/.... For more information, see Enabling the shared mode for Talend Studio in your Talend Installation Guide.Note: If the indexes were created with version 7.2 or lower, you cannot browse to the index files. You need to update them. The location of the migration procedure depends on the Studio installation:
- With the installer: /addons/scripts/Lucene_Migration_Tool/README.md
- With no installer: in the license email, click the link in Migration tool for Lucene Indexes from version 4 to version 8.
Click OK to close the search dialog box.
All the documents (words) and their related synonyms are displayed in the editor, sorted alphabetically. Expand any document to see its related synonyms.Note: The number of words listed in the Synonym Index editor is set to 20 by default. You can configure this parameter in .
To search for any word and its synonyms:
- type in the word in the Synonym Index Search field and then click search; or
- press the Enter key.
You must type in the complete word in the search field, otherwise nothing will be displayed in the editor.