You can publish Jobs (artifacts) created in Talend Studio to the cloud and make it available to specific or all users of Talend Cloud Management Console.
To publish artifacts from Studio to Talend Cloud through Maven, refer to the Talend Software Development Life Cycle for Cloud - Best Practices Guide.
Before you begin
- Set the account authentications to the web application in the Studio. For further information, see the Talend Cloud Getting Started Guide.
- You must have the default Operator role or the Operations - Manage Talend Cloud Management Console permission assigned to you in Talend Cloud.
- You must have the Publish: Publish artifacts permission on the workspace to which you are publishing.
- Make sure the name of your artifact to be published does not contain any reserved
words, such as
SNAPSHOT, otherwise the publication will fail.
- Make sure that the artifact name is different than any task's name in the workspace to which you are publishing. If a task with the same name as the article already exists in the workspace, only the artifact will be published to Talend Cloud Management Console and its corresponding task will not be created.
About this task
Once your artifact is published, its corresponding task is automatically created and it can be run by web users in Talend Cloud Management Console. You can create different tasks from the same artifact to run it in different scenarios by changing its context parameter values.
Repository tree view, right-click a Job
Publish to Cloud.
The Publish to Cloud wizard is displayed.
If any of the account authentications to the web application is missing from the Studio, the Preferences window opens by default, where you can add the missing information. For further information, see the Talend Cloud Getting Started Guide.
Publish With Version field, change the version you want to publish to the cloud if needed.
This field is automatically filled in with the highest version of the artifact, if several versions are available. You cannot publish an artifact smaller than the latest published version displayed in the Last Cloud Version field.
- Select a Workspace.
- Select Export Artifact Screenshot to publish a capture of the Job design to the cloud.
An information bar is displayed to show the progress of the deployment.
Run in Background to continue working in the Studio while the artifact is being published.
A progress bar is displayed in the bottom-right corner of the Studio to show the percentage of the publishing operation completed. Click the progress bar icon to display the details in the Progress view.
When you publish the artifact, a message is displayed to confirm the publication and to prompt you to open the corresponding task that was created in the web application. Click Open Task in the message to open the task in the Task Details page in Talend Cloud Management Console. The task will have the same name as the artifact.