You can edit any of the existing hierarchies.
The MDM server is already launched. At least one hierarchy has been created. You have been assigned a role with the appropriate user authorization and access rights. For further information, see Security.
Before you begin
Make sure that you have selected:
- the data container that holds the master data you want to manage,
- the data model against which the master data will be validated.
For further information, see Accessing data containers and data models.
To edit a hierarchy, complete the following:
About this task
- In the Hierarchy Explorer page, click the Manage button to open the Manage Hierarchies dialog box.
Double-click the hierarchy you want to edit to display its details in the
Hierarchy Explorer page.
- Edit the hierarchy definition according to your needs.
- If needed, click Run to preview the result of the hierarchical view.
Click Save to validate your changes.
A dialog box opens, asking you to define a name for the updated hierarchy.
ExampleTo use the original name, click OK to close the dialog box.
- If needed, define a new name for the updated hierarchy and then click OK.