In Talend Administration Center, you can create MDM users and define their permissions for accessing Talend MDM.
All MDM Studio and web users are managed by Talend Administration Center.
The list of MDM users can be retrieved from the User Manager page in Talend MDM Web UI, where administrators can assign them custom roles created and defined in Talend Studio.
For more information about the user management in Talend MDM Web UI, see Talend MDM Web UI User Guide.
For more information about how to create and define custom roles in Talend Studio, see Talend Studio User Guide.
To add an MDM user via the MetaServlet application, use the
command and define the mdm and mdmRoles
arguments. For more information about the MetaServlet parameters, see Parameters and actions in metaServlet.
For more information on how to add an MDM user with LDAP, see How to add a user with LDAP.
Before you begin
Make sure you have a license for a Talend subscription product with Talend MDM.
On the Users page, click Add to
create a new user account.
The Data panel opens to the right, where you need to define the user's information.
- Enter the login, first name, last name and password for this user account.
- From the Type list, select either No Project Access or Master Data Management to define the access permissions in Talend Studio for this user account.
- Select the Master Data Management Web User check box to set this account as an MDM user account.
Click next to the
Master Data Management Web Role to open a dialog box
where you can select an MDM user type you want to assign to the created
Each user type corresponds to a system role and has a different scope for rights and privileges when using Talend MDM. For further information on MDM user types and system roles, see MDM user types and system roles.
- If needed, select the Data Preparation User check box to set this account as a Data Preparation account and/or select the Data Stewardship User check box to set this account as a Data Stewardship account as well.
- Click Save to validate the creation of the new user.
The MDM user is created and added to the list of users in the Users page.