Upgrading Java for all Talend services on Linux
Before you begin
- Retrieve the update_java.sh file from the Downloads tab of the menu located in the left panel of this page.
About this task
Talend Data Quality Portal and Nexus do not support Java 11.
- Install the new Java version according to the Compatible Java environments page.
- Find all the running Talend services with the command systemctl | grep talend.
- Stop all Talend services with the command systemctl stop <service name>.
- Open update_java.sh with a text editor.
Locate the variables in the script and set them as
TALEND_HOME=<Talend_home_folder> (for example: TALEND_HOME=/opt/Talend-7.3.1)
PROD_VER=<Talend_version> (for example: PROD_VER=7.3.1)JAVA_HOME=<Java_home_folder> (for example: JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/jre1.8.0_221)
- As a superuser, run update_java.sh. This script will replace the hard-coded path to Java with the new values in your installation.
- Restart your computer or start all Talend services manually with the command systemctl start <service name>.
All Talend services are now using the new Java version.