Talend MDM Web UI provides you with advanced search capabilities. You can construct search expression by chaining complex statements graphically. Additionally, these advanced searches can be saved or "bookmarked".
Before you begin
- The MDM server is already launched.
- At least one view has been created in Talend Studio. For further information, see the Talend Studio User Guide.
Make sure that you have selected:
- the data container that holds the master data you want to manage,
- the data model against which the master data will be validated.
For further information, see Accessing data containers and data models.
To search for data records using expressions, complete the following:
About this task
Click Master Data Browser in the
Menu panel to open the page
in which you can select the entity of interest..
In the entity field, click the arrow, and then select from the list the entity you want to search for data records.In the upper right corner of the page, select Advanced Search to show the advanced search view.
Click the icon to open the
Advanced Filter dialog
- Construct the search expression using the drop-down lists.
- Use the [+] button to add as many statements to the expression selecting as well a logical operator from the list.
- If required, click Add more criteria to filter your search using the date.
Click OK to close the Advanced
Filter dialog box.
The expression you built graphically is displayed in the Search Expression field.
- If required, click the icon to check if your expression is valid.
- Click Bookmark if you want to save your search criteria for later use. For further information, see Saving and reusing the search criteria.
Click Search to display all products
whose unique id contains "B" and whose product name contains
ExampleThe first record is automatically selected in the list and its detail are listed in the panel to the right.
- Click any of the listed records to open its detail.
Note: The number of the records displayed in the page depends on what you have already defined in the Lines/page box in a previous search. Change the number in the box according to your needs and then restart your advanced search to display the desired number of records in the page. This number will be retained every time you try to browse data records in the repository (MDM hub).