Context variables are variables which are defined by users for a particular context. Depending on the circumstances the pipeline is being used in, you might want to manage it differently for various execution types, known as contexts.
Talend Cloud Pipeline Designer allows you to:
- add context variables on specific fields from the Configuration panel,
- assign context variables to specific fields (processor fields, connection or dataset parameters, etc.),
- edit the context variable values according to your needs,
- delete context variables,
- view all existing context variables from the Variables tab of the Pipeline Details panel.
Once you edit a variable value and save it, the new value overrides the default one at execution time.