When handling tasks in a Merging campaign, data stewards may find that one or more of the source records of a task are inappropriate matches and should belong to a separate task.
A campaign owner has defined you as part of a Merging campaign and assigned you some tasks.
Before you begin
- On the TASKS page, click the name of the Merging campaign you want to open.
In the list of the tasks assigned to you, whether at the initial state or at
the validation state of the workflow, click the drop-down arrow to the left of
the task to expand it and display the source records.
- Select the source record or records you want to move from the current task and group in a new separate task.
In the right panel, click
.The master records for the new task and the initial one are computed as the following:
- If one task or the other has only one source left, then the new task uses the remaining source values for all attributes,
- If manual changes were performed on a given attribute, then these manual changes are kept for both the initial and the new tasks,
- If one source was explicitly selected for a given attribute, then this source value is kept for the task to which it belongs,
- Otherwise, the attribute is computed according to the rules defined in the campaign.
The selected source records are removed from the current task and grouped in a new task which is added at the bottom of the list.
- If needed, click the Undo arrow in the top-right corner to revert the split and put the source records back under the initial task.