Talend Studio supports the shared mode if you have installed the R2021-01 Studio monthly update or a later one provided by Talend, which allows each user on the machine where Talend Studio is installed to work with different configuration and workspace folders.
About this task
The following procedure shows you how to enable the shared mode for Talend Studio.
- Put the license file provided by Talend at the root of the Talend Studio installation directory.
- Let a user who has full read and write access to the Talend Studio installation directory to launch Talend Studio.
In the Additional Talend
Packages dialog box, select the packages, except the required
and optional third-party libraries, depending on your needs for your
- The third-party libraries will be installed in each user's own configuration folder. To save the disk space, we recommend that each user installs the third-party libraries only when needed.
- All other packages except the third-party libraries cannot be installed when the shared mode is enabled, so we recommend you to install those packages before enabling the shared mode.
When the installation of selected packages is complete, install
all patches needed.
- The patch cannot be installed when the shared mode is enabled, so we recommend you to install all patches needed before enabling the shared mode.
- The latest patch must be kept in the patches folder under the Talend Studio installation directory after being installed.
For more information about how to download and apply a patch, see Downloading and applying a patch.
- When the installation of required patches is complete, close Talend Studio.
Enable the shared mode for Talend Studio by adding the following
two lines at the end of the file <Talend-Studio>/configuration/config.ini, where <Talend-Studio> is the root folder name of
The folders /studio/configuration and /studio/workspace are just examples and can be changed.
Later, when each user on the machine launches Talend Studio, two folders /studio/configuration and /studio/workspace will be automatically created under the user's home directory.Note: If any package or patch needs to be installed after enabling the shared mode for Talend Studio, you need to first disable the shared mode by removing the two lines, restart and close Talend Studio once. After that, you can install the package or patch as normal.