Before you begin
- You have downloaded the latest Talend Data Catalog 7.1 cumulative patch.
- You have downloaded Talend Data Catalog 7.1.2.
Apply the latest Talend Data Catalog
7.1 cumulative patch and make sure your Talend Data Catalog 7.1 is running
For more information, see Applying a patch manually.
- Make sure the regularly scheduled database maintenance has run successfully.
- Stop Talend Data Catalog Database Server and Application Server.
Back up the PostgreSQL database instance by double-clicking
By default, the backup file is saved in the TalendDataCatalog\postgresql\backup folder.For more information, see https://www.postgresql.org/docs/.
- Back up your Talend Data Catalog software by renaming the <TDC_HOME> directory as <TDC_HOME>.old.
- Install Talend Data Catalog 7.1.2 in a new directory and configure it using the Setup.bat file.
Restore your data and setup customizations performed in Talend Data Catalog version 7.1 by copying
the appropriate files and directories from
For more information, see Before upgrading Talend Data Catalog.Note: If you have customized some files such as conf\resources\MM.properties, you must merge these customizations starting from the new version of that file copied from <TDC_HOME>\conf\Template.
Copy any new version of files from
<TDC_HOME>\conf\Template into their matching
directories in <TDC_HOME>\conf\ to integrate new or
updated software features in your configuration.
For example, ModelBridgeList.xml can contain some new or updated bridges.
Restart the Talend Data Catalog
Database Server and Application Server.
Starting the Talend Data Catalog server can automatically perform an upgrade of the database.Note: Any upgrade must also be followed by a re-import of models, and re-build of the configurations to take advantage of the new capabilities.Note: Upgrading to a new version may also have version specific issues or recommendations. For more information, see Version specific upgrade issues and recommendations.
You are now ready to configure the database connection.
For more information about the Talend Data Catalog installation and configuration procedures, see Installing Talend Data Catalog.