Before you begin
- You have downloaded the latest Talend Metadata Manager 6.5 cumulative patch.
- You have downloaded Talend Data Catalog 7.1.
Apply the latest Talend Metadata Manager
6.5 cumulative patch and make sure your Talend Metadata Manager 6.5 is running
For more information on how to apply a patch, see Applying a patch manually.
- Make sure the regularly scheduled database maintenance has run successfully.
Back up the PostgreSQL database instance by double-clicking
By default, the backup file is saved in the TalendMetadataManagement\postgresql\backup folder.For more information, see https://www.postgresql.org/docs/.
- Stop Talend Metadata Manager Database Server and Application Server services.
- In the Talend Metadata Manager home directory, double-click the Setup.bat file and click Yes to allow the application to make changes to your device.
- In the Database Server and Application Server tabs, clear the Enable Windows Service check box and click Configure to delete the Talend Metadata Manager services.
- Install Talend Data Catalog 7.1 with the embedded 10.x PostgreSQL database in a new directory.
In the Talend Data Catalog home
directory, double-click the Setup.bat file and click
Yes to allow the application to make changes to your
Alternatively, you can also run this setup utility with the Windows command line, by using the
- In the Database Server and Application Server tabs, select the check box and click Configure to create the Talend Data Catalog services.
- Close the dialog box.
Restart the Talend Data Catalog
Starting the new Talend Data Catalog server will automatically perform an upgrade of the database.Note: Any upgrade must also be followed by a re-import of models, and re-build of the configurations to take advantage of the new capabilities.Note: Upgrading to a new version may also have version specific issues or recommendations. For more information, see Version specific upgrade issues and recommendations.
You are now ready to configure the database connection.
For more information about the Talend Data Catalog installation and configuration procedures, see Installing Talend Data Catalog.