How to retrieve third-party drivers when the Talend Data Catalog server has no Internet connection
Some import bridges need to access Apache Maven and/or other tool sites and use them automatically to download the drivers.
- If the drivers have been successfully downloaded, messages like
Downloading https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/appear in the bridge log.
- If the drivers have not been downloaded, messages like
Error downloading data from URLappear in the bridge log.
In this case, you need to use another server that has an Internet connection to retrieve the drivers and copy them to the first server.Perform this procedure each time you use an import bridge which requires an Internet connexion.
- You use a Talend Data Catalog server, called Production, that cannot connect to the Internet for security reasons.
- You need to import metadata using the Apache Atlas bridge, which requires an Internet connection to download specific drivers.
- You use another server with an Internet access, called Development, to download the drivers.
- You copy them manually from the Development server to the Production server.
Before you begin
- You have set up the Development server.
- Sign in to Talend Data Catalog as an administrator using the Development server.
- Add a new model and select Apache Atlas as the import bridge.
In the Import Setup tab, fill in the required
You can enter random values as you only need to retrieve the drivers from this server.
Click Test to test the connection.
Even if the connection test failed, the drivers needed for the Apache Atlas bridge have been downloaded, as you can see in the Testing Error Messages dialog box.
- Once finished, close the dialog box.
Go to <TDC_HOME>/data/download/MIMB/ and copy the
folders from the Development server to the