Physical data models are now only available in the Talend Data Catalog Advanced Plus edition for data store requirements and database design. You no longer need to use physical data models to document existing databases in Talend Data Catalog.
Compared with models, physical data models do not need to be completely consistent with an underlying data source.
When modeling with a PDM, you can:
- add schemas, tables, columns and physical properties of each element,
- add business names and descriptions to objects, like tables and columns,
- organize and view objects graphically using diagrams and subject areas,
- create and annotate diagrams,
- add relationships including cardinality, join conditions, verb phrases to better understand interrelated objects.
You can export a PDM to another data modeling tool.