- In the Repository panel, right-click a folder where you want the physical data model to be located.
- Click .
In the Properties tab, fill in the following
Field Description Name Type in the name of the physical data model. Description Type in the description of the physical data model. Stewards Select any stewards, if necessary. Database Type
Select the database type from the drop-down list.This will also be the import bridge if you wish to sync with the underlying model.
Import Server You can select a (remote) server name in order to use a remote bridge server. Create Copy on Database Sync Select the check box to specify that when syncing with the database you wish to create an historical or archive version of the physical data model before the sync. Send email notification when an import Select the check boxes to send notification when an import:
- fails for any reason
- succeeds bringing changes
- completes but there are no changes
- Click the Import Setup tab to set up the import parameters.
Click the row of each parameter and fill in the connectivity information
according to the tooltips displayed in the Help
The fields of the parameters vary depending on the model type selected in the Properties tab.
- Click the Naming Standard tab to set up the naming standard parameters.
- Click the Security tab to assign the security roles.
- Click Create.