- Right-click a folder In the Repository Panel, where you want the model to be located.
- Click .
In the Properties tab, fill in the following
Field Description Name Type in the name of the model. Description Type in the description of the model. Stewards Select any stewards for the model, if necessary. Model Type Select the external metadata import format from the drop-down list. Import Server You can select a (remote) server name in order to use a remote bridge server. Lightweight Select the check box whether the model should be lightweight.
Lightweight models are generally not recommended, and are only for special use cases with physical data models.
Send Import Notification Select the check box if you want to send an import notification on harvesting.
For example, you fill in the fields of the Properties tab to harvest the Accounts Payable model.
- Click the Import Setup tab to set up the import parameters.
Click the row of each parameter and fill in the information according to the
tooltips displayed in the Help panel.
The fields of the parameters vary depending on the model type selected in the Properties tab.
- Select the Set as default check box, if you wish to automatically set any new imported version as the default version.
- Select the Re-import only when changes are detected check box when you import new version different from the current one.
Click Test to test the connection, then click
For example, you set up the parameters in the Import Setup tab to harvest the Accounts Payable model.
In the dialog box that appears, click Yes to import the
The Log Messages dialog then appears and log messages are presented as the import process proceeds.
- If you receive the Import Successful result, you can open the model.
- If you receive the Import Failed result, inspect the log messages and correct the source model file accordingly.