Harvesting from Snowflake using the generic JDBC bridge
Talend Metadata Manager has a broad set of bridges for use in harvesting. However, there will still be times in which a specific bridge is not available for a particular database technology. In those situations, as long as the database will support JDBC connectivity, you can utilize the import bridge from Database (via JDBC).
Creating a new model
- In Metadata Manager, right-click the repository and click .
- In Create Model, enter a name and a description for the model, in this example Harvest Snowflake via JDBC.
In Model Type, select Database (via
JDBC) from the drop-down list.
- Click Create.
Configuring the bridge import parameters
- Right-click the newly created model and select Settings.
In the Import Setup tab, configure the import parameters using
the Help panel on the right side.
You can click any parameter to see its full description and an example of the input.If you do not put specifics in your URL, you may end up harvesting everything you have access to.For more information on Snowflake’s JDBC connectivity, see https://docs.snowflake.net/manuals/user-guide/jdbc-configure.html.
- Click Test to confirm connectivity.
- Click OK.
- In the pop-up window, click Yes to import the model now.
- Review any issues or errors using the log and click Close.
- Click Yes to open the model.