Error logging in Talend Studio
- Statistics, the Job execution statistics at the Job and component levels are logged
- Error, the errors, warnings and exceptions at the Job level are logged
- Meter Logging, the data flow inside the Job is logged
- Project settings
- Job settings
- Job design
- Log Server
Error logging at the project level
- Navigate to File > Edit project settings > Job settings.
Select the check box below Stats and Logs to enable the
logging at the project level.
If logging at the project level is enabled, every new Job created inherits the settings.
- Configure the output of your logs by choosing one of the options below.
Error logging in the console
- Navigate to Job settings > Stats & Logs.
Select the check box to the left of On Console.
These logs are not captured anywhere and are overwritten every time you run a Job.
Error logging in a file
This section explains how to capture the logs in files.
Capturing the logs in files is a better option, because you can use the log to see details about the stats, logs and even meter/data flow. If project level logging is enabled, you do not need to separately configure components such as tLogCatcher, tFlowMeter and tStatCatcher.
Although the screen shows static file names, they can be modified by appending a timestamp to their name. This way, you have a different log file for each timestamp. Otherwise, it would append the same file for every execution.
Error logging in a database
- Select the check box to the left of On Database.
Configure the database.
For example, use a built-in MySQL database with the following tables:
- stats_table to capture the statistics
- log_table to capture the logs
- meter_table to capture the data processing details