About this task
With this procedure, you will be able to connect to an IDoc file in your SAP server and create an XML file from it. To do so:
Right-click the SAP connection you just created.
Click Create SAP IDoc on the right-click
- In the iDoc name field, give a name to your connection to SAP IDoc file.
- In the Program Id field, fill in the program identifier as it is defined in the RFC destination you want to use.
- In the Gateway Service field, fill in the name of the service that enable Talend system to communicate with SAP system. To get the service name, you can edit the service file in the C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\ folder of the workstation on which the SAP server is installed.
- In the Output Format area, you can select XML and/or HTML check boxes according to the type of output you want to generate from SAP IDoc.
- Click Browse... to set the file(s) path and name.
- Click Finish to close the dialog box and validate the creation of the IDoc file connection.
The new connection displays under the SAP iDocs node of your SAP connection in the Repository tree view. You can now use it with the tSAPIDocInput and tSAPIDocOutput components.