About this task
In this step, you will choose whether to create your file manually or from an existing XML or XSD file. If you choose the Create manually option you will have to configure your schema, source and target columns yourself at step 4 in the wizard. The file will be created in a Job using a an XML output component such as tAdvancedFileOutputXML.
In this procedure, we will create the output file structure by loading an existing XML. To create the output XML structure from an XSD file, see Defining the output file structure using an XSD file.
To create the output XML structure from an XML file, do the following:
- Select the Create from a file option.
Click the Browse... button next to the
XML or XSD File field, browse to the access
path to the XML file the structure of which is to be applied to the output file,
and double-click the file.
The File Viewer area displays a preview of the XML structure, and the File Content area displays a maximum of the first 50 rows of the file.
- Enter the Encoding type in the corresponding field if the system does not detect it automatically.
- In the Limit field, enter the number of columns on which the XPath query is to be executed, or enter 0 if you want it to be run against all of the columns.
- In the Output File field, in the Output File Path zone, browse to or enter the path to the output file. If the file does not exist as yet, it will be created during the execution of a Job using a tAdvancedFileOutputXML component. If the file already exists, it will be overwritten.
- Click Next to define the schema.