About this task
This procedure describes how to define the output XML file structure from an XSD file. To define the XML structure from an XML file, see Defining the output file structure using an existing XML file.
When loading an XSD file,
the data will be saved in the Repository, and therefore the metadata will not be affected by the deletion or displacement of the file.
you can choose an element as the root of your XML tree.
To create the output XML structure from an XSD file, do the following:
- Select the Create from a file option.
- Click the Browse... button next to the XML or XSD File field, browse to the access path to the XSD file the structure of which is to be applied to the output file, and double-click the file.
In the dialog box the appears, select an element from the Root list as the root of your XML tree, and click
The File Viewer area displays a preview of the XML structure, and the File Content area displays a maximum of the first 50 rows of the file.
- Enter the Encoding type in the corresponding field if the system does not detect it automatically.
- In the Limit field, enter the number of columns on which the XPath query is to be executed, or enter 0 if you want it to be run against all of the columns.
- In the Output File field, in the Output File Path zone, browse to or enter the path to the output file. If the file does not exist as yet, it will be created during the execution of a Job using a tAdvancedFileOutputXML component. If the file already exists, it will be overwritten.
- Click Next to define the schema.