Based on the MDM demo project in Talend Studio, this scenario aims to create a customized Web form for non-technical users responsible for product pricing. With the fit-for-purpose form, the non-technical users can post a price modification request without having to access the complete Talend MDM Web UI.
In this scenario, a web form contains one title New Price Request and four fields Product Name, Enter Product Price, Request Reason and Request Date will be designed. In the form, the original values of product name and product price are fetched from Talend MDM through the REST API extension. Authorized users (price requester) can then enter a new price for the product, enter the new price request reason, and select the new price request date before finally submitting the new price request.
- The MDM server is up and running.
- The Bonita BPM bundles have been installed in Talend Studio.
- The Bonita BPM server is up and running.
- You have been assigned roles with the appropriate user authorization and access rights.
- The information about MDM users has been synchronized to the Bonita BPM server.
In this scenario, you will learn: