About this task
Task parameter values are computed by Talend Cloud Management Console during the execution of a Task. Task parameter values that you define in the Studio are not published along with the Artifact.
You can import task parameters to a Artifact using the dedicated Flow context group, available from the Talend Cloud demo project under . This context group contains all the available task parameters.
- An Artifact is created and open in the Studio.
- A context group is created and saved in the Repository tree view. For further information, see Creating a context group and define context variables in it.
In the Studio workspace, open the Contexts view of the
If the Contexts tab does not show in the Studio, click , and select Contexts.
icon to open the Select Context Variables dialog box.
This dialog box lists all context groups created and saved in the Repository tree view of the Studio.
Select the check box of the context variables you want to import from the
Studio repository and click OK.
The context variables are imported and listed in the Contexts view.
- In the Repository tree view, drop the predefined Joblet under Designer workspace. to the
- Double-click the tJobLog component to open its basic settings view.
In the Log message field, type
context.flow and press
Ctrl+Space to display the
list of the task parameters you can insert.
Repeat the action for other task parameters.
- Run the Artifact in Studio to test it.
- Publish the Artifact to Talend Cloud Management Console.
When you publish the Artifact to the cloud and run a Task containing this Artifact, you can view the information you have input in the tJobLog component within the Task logs.
By default, the Task Execution ID and Task ID are visible in the execution log of the Task.