Best Practices to follow in case of Job generation issues in Talend Administration Center
See below a list of troubleshooting steps developers can follow.
Job generation issue - Test 1
If so, it means there is an inherent issue with the Job itself that needs to be fixed.
Job generation issue - Test 2
If you cannot build the Job, you need to thoroughly check where the building issue comes from. It could be .jar files being mismatched or it could be problematic code. This needs to be fixed.
Once the generation is successful, try to import the archive into a new project repository to see if it can properly be imported.
If you cannot import the Job archive, you can proceed to Job generation issue - Test 3.
Job generation issue - Test 3
- From Talend Studio, export the Job as a .zip file.
- Import the archive into a new project repository (it can be the same repository as the one used in Job generation issue - Test 2).
- In Talend Administration Center, go to the Job conductor page and create a new task.
- Generate the task and check that the generation is successful.
- Proceed to Job generation issue - Test 4.
Job generation issue - Test 4
keep the Job in the new project and continue to run it from here.
create a new Job within the repository of your choice and either copy all of the components from the non-working Job into the new Job, or delete the old Job and reimport the .zip file back into the project.
If you are still unable to generate, this issue may need assistance from Support. Please create a ticket.