This type of user can work in Talend Data Preparation, as well as the project type selected from the Type list. For example, a hybrid Data Preparation/Data Quality user can be assigned to a Data Quality user group.
- Log in to Talend Administration Center.
- In the Users tab of the Menu,
The Data panel opens to the right, where you need to fill the user's information.
- Enter the user's name, login (email address) and password for this account.
- In the Type field, select the type of project that the
Data Preparation user will be working on.
The type of accessible projects depends on the license you have, namely Data Integration/ESB, Data Quality or Master Data Management.
If you enabled the Role Mapping option in the SSO node of the Configuration page, these fields might be automatically filled. For more information, see Enabling unified sign-on.
- Click the pen icon next to the Role field to open a dialog box where you can select from the list the check box of the role(s) you want to assign to the selected user.
- Select the Data Preparation User check box to set this
account as a Data Preparation account.
If you want to enable the same user to access Talend Data Stewardship, select the the Data Stewardship user checkbox. For more information, see Creating Data Stewardship users.
- Click the pen icon next to the Data Preparation Role to
open a dialog box where you can select from the list the check box of the Data
Preparation role(s) you want to assign to the selected user.
For more information, see User Roles.
- Click the pen icon next to the Group field to open a
dialog box where you can select from the list the check box of the user group(s)
in which you want to add the selected user.
For more information on user groups, see Grouping users by user type.
- Click Save to validate the creation of the new user.
The hybrid Data Preparation user is created and added to the list of users in the Users page.