As the number formats used across the world are not the same, you may need to change the format used in a column containing numbers.
By default, the number format used in Talend Data Preparation corresponds to the format used on your computer.
- Select the column for which you want to change the number format.
- In the Functions panel, type Change Number Format and click the result to open the options for the associated function.
- In the Current separators list, select the number format
used in the selected column. You can:
- use a predefined separator
- define it yourself with custom
- let Talend Data Preparation automatically guess the format
- In the Target Format list, choose the number format you want to use in the selected column.
- Click Submit.
The number format is changed in the selected column.