What s new in Summer 16
A few of the highlights of this release include:
Talend combines data preparation and data integration into a single, unified platform that transforms how IT and business turn data into insight. Empower any decision maker to catalog, cleanse, and shape data from any source for use anywhere. Your data experts design the integration rules, while IT provides data governance and facilitates collaboration across batch, bulk, and master data management scenarios. Talend Data Preparation is available with every subscription product, so you can deliver self-service data prep at enterprise scale.
Talend Data Mapper streamlines complex data processing on Spark and Hadoop so you can increase productivity and performance for Big Data , Real-Time Big Data , and Data Fabric integrations. You can now parse, validate, and transform complex message formats on Spark without hand-coding in XML, CSV, IDoc, Avro, JSON, EDI, COBOL and more.
- You can now maximize Amazon Web Services Redshift elasticity, getting the most out of your cloud resources. Dynamic cluster resizing for AWS EMR and Redshift lets you control the cost for the workload you need to process. Use Talend data profiling on AWS Redshift to analyze metadata and optimize data warehousing jobs more quickly.
Talend Data Preparation combines data preparation and data integration to transform how IT and business can turn data into insight. While IT delivers governed self-service data access and cleansing without putting data at risk or undermining compliance, business users using graphical tools can then find, visualize, clean, transform, enrich, catalog and consolidate data.
- Teams can collaborate better by sharing datasets and data preparation recipes.
- IT ensures governance with appropriate role-based access to published, certified data.
- Data integration is accelerated by incorporating any data preparation recipe back into enterprise data integration scenarios including batch, bulk, and master data management.
- Data preparation is delivered at enterprise scale with support for hundreds of data sources and targets.
When you upgrade to Talend 6.2, you will receive two free Talend Data Preparation named-user licenses.Big Data
Talend 6.2 introduces complex data mapping processing on Spark and Hadoop. See Section 4. Data Mapper for more details.
Talend 6.2 leverages Spark MLlib (machine learning library) to expand its machine learning capabilities and provides smarter and faster data-quality processing with support for intelligent matching (as a Technical Preview), row standardization, reservoir sampling and transliterate functions.
V6.2 improves big data integration support, including:
Higher performance for analytics and big data applications through support for distributed (parallel) processing between Spark and AWS RedShift, MongoDB and AWS DynamoDB.
- Native Kafka support in each Hadoop cluster provides better interoperability and easier to optimize performance.
Amazon Web Services support is also extended with:
- Expanded NoSQL ingestion capabilities by adding connectivity for AWS DynamoDB, with the unique ability to execute high performance reads and writes from a Spark job.
- Support for the latest AWS EMR and Redshift APIs, delivering high performance, distributed extract and load operations.
- Support for cluster resizing for AWS EMR and Redshift, so you can optimize the use of computing and storage resources (with the associated cost savings) by dynamically changing the number of nodes.
This release also supports the latest Hadoop distributions and versions of NoSQL databases, offering increased functionality and performance:
- Cloudera 5.7
- Hortonworks 2.4
- MapR 5.1
- Spark 1.6.2
- Amazon EMR 4.5, 4.6
- Microsoft Azure HDInsight 3.4
- Cassandra 3.4
- MongoDB 3.2
- AWS DynamoDB
It also ships with four additional machine learning classification and regression components (Linear SVM, Decision Tree, Gradient-boosted Tree, and Linear Regression) to automate actionable insight in data pipelines.
It is now possible to update Hadoop distributions without having to reinstall Talend Studio.Data Integration
Talend 6.2 provides productivity improvements and continuous delivery enhancements with Git support for graphical component level diff and merge, the ability to create feature and bug branches, and to merge to and from branches; and support for Bitbucket.
Support for Amazon Web Services is extended, including:
- The ability to perform AWS Redshift data-quality profiling with the collection of metadata used to analyze and optimize data warehousing.
- Support for the latest AWS Redshift APIs, delivering high-performance, distributed extract and load operations.
- Support for cluster resizing for AWS Redshift, so you can optimize the use of computing and storage resources (with the associated cost savings) by dynamically changing the number of nodes.
- Enterprise-grade SSL communication between Talend Jobs and AWS Redshift, as well as support for AWS S3 server and client-side encryption.
- Role-based access to AWS services and resources by inheriting credentials from AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
Enterprise connectivity updates include:
- Support for SAP Business Warehouse
- Support for JIRA
Support for the latest Salesforce.com and Salesforce Wave Spring '16 APIs
- Support for the latest Marketo REST API
- SAP recertification
- Support for Splunk Event Collector
- Updates for ExaSol ELT
- Updates for Vertica
In Talend Administration Center, users can now be grouped by user type: an MDM user can be part of an MDM, Data Quality or Data Integration group; a Data Quality user can be part of a Data Quality or Data Integration group, but not an MDM group, and a Data Integration user can only be part of a Data Integration group.
Talend Administration Center now has two repositories to store custom libraries: snapshot and release.
The Data Integration and ESB Studio interface perspectives have been merged, which helps improve productivity on data services projects.
A new components framework has been added, making it easier to incorporate your own components into Talend.Data Mapper
Talend 6.2 streamlines complex data processing on Spark and Hadoop so you can increase productivity and performance for Big Data, Real-Time Big Data, and Data Fabric integrations, thanks to the introduction of new components that leverage Talend Data Mapper. You can now parse, validate, and transform complex message formats on Spark without hand-coding in XML, CSV, IDoc, Avro, JSON, EDI, COBOL and more.
This lets you apply and test syntactic and semantic validation rules for big data integrations to ensure data accuracy and compliance, and get results fast by running everything at speed and scale on Spark.Data Quality
The Profiling perspective in the Studio now supports analyzing data in Amazon Redshift.
Analysis Editors have been enhanced with the Data Preview section and with new icons and buttons to optimize user experience when working with analyses. Additionally, running the analyses now automatically switches the editor to the Analysis Results view.