If the semantic type proposed by Talend Data Preparation for one column is not the desired one, you can manually change it by clicking the menu icon in the column header.
This allows you to choose among the list of semantic types present in Talend Data Preparation by default. See Predefined Semantic Types for more information. You can go further by creating your own semantic types, as well as updating or deleting the existing ones, so that Talend Data Preparation speaks your business language.
The availability of Talend Dictionary Service depends on the license you have.
DICTtype, based on an open or closed list of values.
REGEXtype that compares your data against a preselected regular expression.
COMPOUNDtype, under which you can group several existing types.
To enable the interaction between Talend Dictionary Service and Talend Data Preparation, you must fulfill the following prerequisites:
- Talend Dictionary Service is installed and running.
- Talend Administration Center is installed and running.
- You have a Platform licence or a Talend Data Fabric licence.
- The Dictionary Service User check box is selected for your user in Talend Administration Center.
- In the <install_folder>\dataprep\config\application.properties file, the
dataquality.semantic.list.enableproperties are set as
- In the <install_folder>\dataprep\config\application.properties file, you have set
the URL to your Talend Dictionary Service instance with the