About this task
You can edit the library of any of the user routines by importing external libraries (usually .jar files) for the selected routine. These external library files will be listed, like modules, in the Modules view in your current Studio. For more information on the Modules view, see the Talend Installation Guide.
The imported library will be also listed in the library file of your current Studio.
To edit a user routine library, complete the following:
- If the library to be imported isn't available on your machine, either download and install it using the Modules view or download and store it in a local directory.
- In the Repository tree view, expand .
Right-click the user routine you want to edit its library and then
select Edit Routine Library.
The Import External Library dialog box displays.
Click New to open the
New Module dialog box where you can import
the external library.
If you have installed the library using the Modules
- Select the Platform option and then select the library from the list.
- Select the Detect the module install status button to validate its installation status. or option, then specify the full name or Maven URI of the library module, and click the
If you have stored the library file in a local directory:
- Select the Artifact repository (local m2/nexus) option.
- Select the Install a new module option, and click the [...] button to browse to library file.
If you need to customize the Maven URI of the library, select the
Custom MVN URI check box, specify the new
URI, and then click the Detect the module install
status button to validate its installation status.
Changing the Maven URI for an external module will affect all the components and metadata connections that use that module within the project.
When working on a remote project, your custom Maven URI settings will be automatically synchronized to the Talend Artifact Repository and will be used when other users working on the same project install the external module.
Click OK to confirm your
The imported library file is listed in the Library File list in the Import External Library dialog box.Note: You can delete any of the already imported routine files if you select the file in the Library File list and click the Remove button.
- Click Finish to close the dialog box.