Importing data from a CSV file - 7.0
- Talend Documentation Team
- Talend Big Data
- Talend Big Data Platform
- Talend Data Fabric
- Talend Open Studio for Big Data
- Talend Real-Time Big Data Platform
- Data Governance > Third-party systems > Database components > MongoDB components
- Data Quality and Preparation > Third-party systems > Database components > MongoDB components
- Design and Development > Third-party systems > Database components > MongoDB components
- Talend Studio
Double-click the first tMongoDBBulkLoad
component to open its Basic settings view
in the Component tab.
In the MongoDB directory field, type in
the MongoDB home directory. In this example, it is D:/MongoDB.
In the Server and Port fields, fill in the information required for the
connection to MongoDB. In this example, type in localhost and 27017.
In the Database field,
type in the database to import data to, bookstore in this
In the Collection field, type in the collection to
import data to, books in this example.
Select the Drop collection if exist check
box to remove the specified collection if it already exists.
Browse to the desired data file from which you want to import data. In
this example, it is D:/Input/books.csv,
which is a standard CSV file containing four columns: id, title,
author, and category.
1,Computer Networks,Larry Peterson,Computer Science
2,David Copperfield,Charles Dickens,Language&Literature
3,Life of Pi,Yann Martel,Language&Literature
Select CSV from the File type list.
Select Insert from the Action on data list.
Select the First line is
header check box to use the first line in the CSV file as a
Select the Ignore blanks check box to ignore the blank
fields (if any) in the CSV file.