Before you begin
The MDM server is already launched.
You must have logged in as an administrator or a user who has Read & Write access to the Manage Users menu.
You must be aware of the views and access rights associated with a role, prior to assigning it to a user. For further information about creating new roles, see Talend Studio User Guide.
On the Menu panel, click
Administration > Manage Users.
The User Manager page opens.
- Click Add a new user on the menu bar of the upper section of the page.
Under the Information tab,
enter the new user information in the appropriate fields.
- From the Language list, select a language as the default display language of Talend MDM Web UI for the new user.
- Select the Active check box to set the user status as active.
- In the Roles section, click the arrow to open a list of all predefined system roles and roles created in Talend Studio.
Select the system role you want to assign to this new user and
then click the Add this role button. In this
example, select System_Interactive.
The record cannot be saved without assigning any system role to the user. If multiple system roles are assigned to the user, the system role with the highest privilege will be taken into account.
Select the roles that are defined in Talend Studio to assign to
this new user, and then click the Add this
role button. In this example, select Movie_Manager.
The selected role is listed in the Roles section.
Click the Save button.
The new user record is listed in the upper section of the [User Manager] page.
- Repeat the procedure to add another user with the identifier movie_user and the roles of System_Interactive and Movie_User.
Now you can use the defined new users to access the Talend MDM Web UI as described in Opening Talend MDM Web UI.