You can import the .xmi files of user-defined indicators created by other users and stored on the Talend Exchange server into your current Talend Studio and use them on your column analyses.
You can import only versions that are compatible with the version of your current Talend Studio.
- Order of Magnitude: It computes the number of digits between the minimal value and maximal value of a numerical column.
- Email validation via mail server: This Java user-defined indicator connects to a mail server and checks if the email exists.
Before you begin
You have selected the Profiling perspective of Talend Studio.
Your network is up and running.
About this task
The below procedure shows how to import the Email validation via mail server indicator from the exchange server into Talend Studio.
- In the DQ Repository tree view, expand .
If you have connection problems, you will not have access to any of the items under the Exchange node. A pop-up will prompt you to check your internet connection.
- Under Exchange, expand indicator and right-click
the name of the indicator you want to import, a Java user-defined indicator in
- Select Import in DQ Repository.
You will have access only to versions that are compatible with the version of your current Talend Studio.
The Import From Talend Exchange wizard opens.
- Select the Overwrite existing items check box if some error and warning
messages are listed in the Error and Warning area.
This means that an indicator with the same name already exists in the current studio. The imported indicator will replace the one in the Talend Studio.
- Click Finish.
The user-defined indicator is imported from Talend Exchange and listed under the User Defined Indicators folder in the DQ Repository tree view.
Before being able to use this indicator on column analyses to check emails by sending an SMTP request to the mail server, you must define the indicator parameters as the following:
Double-click the indicator to open the indicator editor.
This Java user-defined indicator has three parameters set by default:
- a buffer size that gives the number of invalid email addresses stored in memory before they are saved in a file.
- a file path to the list of invalid email addresses.
- the email of the sender.
- Modify the values of the BUFFER SIZE and INVALID DATA FILE according to your needs.
In the Parameters Value column, set the value for the
Save the indicator.
Note: If you have an error message when running a column analysis with this indicator, please check your email server configuration.