Talend Studio allows you to generate detailed documentation in HTML of the Job(s) you select in the Repository tree view of your Studio in the Integration perspective. This auto-documentation offers the following:
The properties of the project where the selected Jobs have been created,
The properties and settings of the selected Jobs along with preview pictures of each of the Jobs,
The list of all the components used in each of the selected Jobs and component parameters.
To generate an HTML document for a Job, complete the following:
- In the Repository tree view, right-click a Job entry or select several items to produce multiple documentations.
Select Generate Doc as HTML on the contextual
- Browse to the location where the generated documentation archive should be stored.
- In the same field, type in a name for the archive gathering all generated documents.
- Select the Use CSS file as a template to export check box to activate the CSS File field if you need to use a CSS file.
- In the CSS File field, browse to, or enter the path to the CSS file to be used.
- Click Finish to validate the generation operation.
The archive file is generated in the defined path. It contains all required files along with the Html output file. You can open the HTML file in your favorite browser.