You can edit the connection to a specific database and change the connection metadata and the connection information.
Before you begin
A database connection is created in the Profiling perspective of Talend Studio. For further information, see Connecting to a database.
- In the DQ Repository tree view, expand .
The connection editor for the selected database connection is displayed.
- Double-click the database connection you want to open, or,
- right-click the database connection and select Open in the contextual menu.
- Modify the connection metadata in the Connection Metadata view, as required.
Click the Edit... button in the Connection
information view to open the Database
- Go through the steps in the wizard and modify the database connection settings as required.
Click Finish to validate the
A dialog box opens prompting you to reload the updated database connection.
Select the reload option if you want to
reload the new database structure for the updated database
Note: If you select the don't reload option, you will still be able to execute the analyses using the connection even after you update it.If the database connection is used by profiling analyses in the Studio, another dialog box is displayed to list all the analyses that use the database connection. It alerts you that if you reload the database new structure, all the analyses using the connection will become unusable although they will be always listed in the DQ Repository tree view.
Click OK to accept reloading the database
structure or Cancel to cancel the operation
and close the dialog box.
A number of confirmation messages are displayed one after the other.
- Click OK to close the messages and reload the structure of the new connection.