After creating or importing a set of rules and before employing it in the real use case, you may need to test this parser rule set for improvement and validation.
The Profiling perspective of Talend Studio provides a comprehensive test tool combining the total test process in one single view to facilitate the test.
From this view, you can perform the following operations:
- Select the rule you need to test.
- Create a data sample against which the test is performed.
- Edit the rules if need be.
- Analyze and discover the elements used to compose a rule against the sample data.
- Save and reuse the sample of interest.
- Save the test result of interest.
- Improve the tested rules.
- Create a new set of rules after necessary improvements.