Talend Studio allows you to install custom components you have created using Talend Component Kit to your Studio and share them to other Studio users working on a remote project.
Before you begin
- You have the .car files ready.
- You are connected to a remote project.
- On the toolbar of the Studio main window, click or click Project Settings dialog box. from the menu bar to open the
In the tree view of the dialog box, select Repository
Share to open the corresponding view.
- Select the Propagate components update to Artifact Repository check box.
- In the Repository ID field, specify the artifact repository configured for component sharing, and then click Check connection to verify the connectivity.
- Click OK to validate the settings and close the dialog box.
- Create a folder named patches at the root of your Talend Studio installation directory, then copy the .car files of the components you want share to this folder.
- Restart your Talend Studio and connect to the remote project.
The components are installed to your Studio and automatically deployed to the defined repository. When connected to a remote project with the same sharing repository configured, other Studio users will have those components available in the Palette.
For more information about Talend Component Kit, see Talend Component Kit Developer Guide.