You have the possibility to run a Job on a remote JobServer with SSL enabled. SSL allows you to encrypt data prior to transmission.
Before you begin
- SSL is enabled in the JobServer configuration file conf/TalendJobServer.properties. For more information see Installing and configuring your Talend JobServer.
- The JobServer is up and running.
About this task
When working on a local project, follow the procedure below to configure the remote server with SSL support on the Studio side.
Note: If you are working on a remote project and you are connected with the Talend Administration Center, the JobServer settings are retrieved from the Talend Administration Center and are read only.
- From the menu bar, click Preferences dialog box. to open the
- Expand the Talend and the Run/Debug nodes in succession and then click Remote.
- In the Remote Jobs Servers area, click the [+] button to add a new line in the table.
Fill in all fields as configured for the Job execution server:
Name, Host name (or IP
address), Standard port, Username,
Password, and File transfer
The Username and Password fields are not required if you have not configured users into the configuration file of the JobServer. For more information about Job execution server configuration, see Installing and configuring your Talend JobServer.
Select true from the Enable SSL
list to enable SSL.
- Click Apply and OK to validate the changes.
- Go to the Run view of Talend Studio design workspace, and select the Target Exec tab.
From the list, select the remote server you have just created.
Click the Run button of the Basic
Run tab, as usual, to connect to the server and deploy then
execute in one go the current Job with SSL enabled.
You can also execute your Job on the specified JobServer in the Memory Run tab if you want to monitor JVM resource usage during the Job execution. For more information on how to enable resource usage monitoring, see Configuring remote execution (Talend > Run/Debug).Note: If you get a connection error, check that the agent is running, the ports are available and the server IP address is correct. Check also that SSL is configured at Studio and JobServer sides.