About this task
Another way to access a reporting tool from the data quality Studio is to associate an editor of your choice for the JRXML files (usually iReport). You can then edit/personalize the template according to your needs. To do that, do the following:
Prerequisite(s): You have selected the Profiling perspective in the studio. You have already downloaded the reporting tool.
Click Window and select Preferences > General > Editors > File
Associations to open the File
Click the Add button to open the
Add File Type dialog box where you
can define the file type you want to add.
- Click OK to proceed to the next step.
Click the Add button next to the
Associated editors area to open the
Editor Selectiondialog box.
- Select the External programs option and then select from the list the editor for the. JRXML file type you defined earlier, or
- Click Browse... and browse to the reporting tool you downloaded earlier. The reporting tool is displayed in the External programs list.
Click OK to close the dialog box and
proceed to the next step.
The selected editor shows in the Associated editors list.
- In the File Associations view, click OK to close the Preferences window.
- In the DQ Repository tree view, expand Libraries > JRXML Template and double-click any of the listed templates. The template will open directly in the reporting tool.
Do all necessary changes and save your template.
The template is updated in the studio.