Before you begin
- Download all required files. For more information, see Talend Installer specific prerequisites.
- Check that all default ports are open. For more informations, see Port information.
- Ensure that only one instance of MongoDB is installed on your
If you want to use the embedded MongoDB database, make sure that there are no other instance of MongoDB installed on your machine.
- Ensure that the dist file is in the same folder as the Talend-Tools-Installer-YYYYYYYY_YYYY-VA.B.C-windows-installer.exe
Run the installer.
- To run the Talend Installer from the desktop, login as superuser then double click the Talend-Tools-Installer-YYYYYYYY_YYYY-VA.B.C-windows-installer.exe file.
- Accept the License Agreement.
Choose the directory where you want your Talend product to be
Note: For Talend Data Preparation, the maximum installation path length is 32 bytes.
- Choose Easy Install in the installation style list and Server in the installation type list.
- Add your license file.
- Configure Talend DQ Portal according to the database you want to use.
- Launch the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, you can remove the dist file to save some space on your disk.
The modules installed in English.
Talend Installer creates a usedports.txt file where all the ports used by Talend Server modules are listed.
A user with tds-user as username and duser as password is automatically created in MongoDB for Talend Data Stewardship.
A user with dataprep-user as username and duser as password is automatically created in MongoDB for Talend Data Preparation.
Talend Installer generates the
AdminUser.txt file at the root of the MongoDB installation
folder. It contains the credentials for a user with the administrator rights in
clear text. It is recommended to restrict the access to this file.