About this task
On this view, you define the file parsing parameters so that the file schema can be properly retrieved.
At this stage, the preview shows the file columns upon the markers' positions.
Set the Field and Row separators in the File
If needed, change the figures in the Field Separator field to specify the column lengths precisely.
If the row separator of your file is not the standard EOL (end of line), select Custom String from the Row Separator list and specify the character string in the Corresponding Character field.
- If your file has any header rows to be excluded from the data content, select the Header check box in the Rows To Skip area and define the number of rows to be ignored in the corresponding field. Also, if you know that the file contains footer information, select the Footer check box and set the number of rows to be ignored.
- The Limit of Rows area allows you to restrict the extend of the file being parsed. If needed, select the Limit check box and set or select the desired number of rows.
- If the file contains column labels, select the Set heading row as column names check box to transform the first parsed row to labels for schema columns. Note that the number of header rows to be skipped is then incremented by 1.
- Click Refresh Preview on the Preview panel for the settings to take effect and view the result on the viewer.
- Click Next to proceed to the next view to check and customize the generated file schema.