Before you begin
You have launched your Talend Studio and opened the Integration perspective.
An empty Job has been created as described in Creating the Job and is open in the workspace.
In the Job, enter the name of the component to be
used and select this component from the list that appears. In this scenario, the
components are two tFileInputDelimited components, a tMap component, two tFileOutputDelimited components, a
tDBFSConnection component, a
tDBFSGet component and a
- The DBFS components connect to your Databricks file system (DBFS) to donwload the files about movies and directors.
The two tFileInputDelimited components are used to load the movie data and the director data, respectively, from your local file system into the data flow of the current Job.
The tMap component is used to transform the input data.
The tFileOutputDelimited components write the results into given directories in your local system.
- The tAzureStoragePut component is used to upload the transformed data in an Azure Blob Storage container.
- Double-click the label of one of the tFileInputDelimited component to make this label editable and then enter movie to change the label of this component.
- Do the same to label the other tFileInputDelimited component to director.
- Right click tDBFSConnection and from the contextual menu that is displayed, select .
- Click tDBFSGet to connect tDBFSConnection to tDBFSGet.
- Repeat the same operations to always use the On Subjob Ok link to connect tDBFSGet to the tFileInputDelimited component labelled movie, then connect the same tFileInputDelimited component to tAzureStoragePut.
- Right click the tFileInputDelimited component that is labelled movie, then from the contextual menu, select and click tMap to connect these two components. This is the main link through which the movie data is sent to tMap.
- Do the same to connect the director tFileInputDelimited component to tMap using the link. This is the Lookup link through which the director data is sent to tMap as lookup data.
- Do the same to connect the tMap component to tFileOutputDelimited using the link, then in the pop-up wizard, name this link to out1 and click OK to validate this change.
- Repeat these operations to connect the tMap component to the other tFileOutputDelimited component using the link and name it to reject.